Revising for a subject can be quite diificult, especially if you do not know where or how to start your revision. Geography was one of these subjects as well for me at the start, but I eventually found ways to help me with my geography revision. I will show you things that I did that helped me with my revision.
Use online revision resources
- BBC Bitesize is filled with lots of information about different topics in geography. To make it more fun and engaging, there is a quiz that students can do to test their knowledge.
- Revision World is also full of lots of information. For instance, there is detailed information of the river landforms with labelled pictures that gives a visual explanation of the text.
- Revision World some “Quick Fire Question” that students can use to test their knowledge.
- Another website that is useful, especially for Geography GCSE, is cool geography. This helped me with my GCSE, especially for my case studies.
- Internet Geography is another good online resource for GCSE Geography. It has a lot of information about the different topics in Geography and it is very good for case studies. Therefore, I advise you to use this website for revision. However, it is aimed at student who are doing AQA GCSE Geography, but there are still topics in AQA Geography that clashes with the other exam boards – just be mindful of that.
- You should take useful notes from your textbooks and revision guides. For more information on how to take notes, look at my previous blog post about how to get the best grades.
- You should also use revision workbooks to test your knowledge as well.
Have map and geographical skills
- If you want to be good at geography, you should be able to read a map such as knowing how to locate geographical features.
- You should also be able able to read diagrams and data from charts accurately, since this is one of the things that you are tested on in the exam.
Do practice papers
- Do some practice papers to help you become familar with the structure and format of the questions in the exam.
- It also gives you an idea of the type of questions they would ask you in the exam.